How To Make Those Amazing Eggs That Come In Ramen
by hannah_poindexter, 7 years ago | 2 min read
You’ll never scramble your eggs again.
Because we all deserve nice things in the comfort of our own homes, we’re here to help you up your ramen game to noodle-bar level. And one of the easiest and most delicious ways to do so is with those soft-boiled eggs that taste like savory heaven.
- 2 large, refrigerated eggs
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. mirin (Japanese rice-cooking wine)
- 6 tbsp. water
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil (there should be enough water to cover the eggs in the pan, but don’t add them yet).
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, mirin and water in a Ziploc bag and set aside.
- Once the water is boiling, gently add the eggs with a spoon or ladle.
- After adding the eggs, immediately bring the water to a simmer and cook for exactly 7 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, fill a bowl with ice and cold water.
- After 7 minutes, transfer the cooked eggs to the ice bath and let cool for 3 minutes.
- After cooling, carefully peel the shells from the soft-boiled eggs. Place the eggs in the marinade and put them in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or for best results, overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, discard the sauce and enjoy your ramen eggs!
Do not show me this again