8 Amazing Ice Hotels In Case You're Not Cold Enough This Winter
by N/A, 8 years ago | 1 min read| 218
Because warm, tropical vacations are so overrated, spend some time in a giant block of ice instead.
amazing cold Travel ice winter Canada Luxury Europe Construction Hotels Industrial Design Interior Design icehotel Non-Premium
1. The Icehotel located in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden
The Icehotel is the largest and oldest ice hotel in the world.
Almost everything is rebuilt every December out of ice, from the walls, to the beds to the glasses in the bar.
2. The Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort located in Saariselka, Finland
Guests are able to stay in a log cabin, a glass igloo or a more classic snow igloo.
3. The Hotel de Glace located in Quebec, Canada
The Hotel de Glace is the only full-scale ice hotel in North America.
Each of the rooms has a bed made out of a block of ice which is then topped with a base, mattress and furs to stay warm.
It is rebuilt every December and stays up until March.
4. The Balea Ice Hotel in Cirtisoara, Romania
The Balea Ice Hotel is located in the FÄƒgÄƒraÅŸ Mountains of Romania and is only accessible by cable car.
The property also includes an ice restaurant, ice bar and an ice church.
5. Alpeniglu Igloo Village located in Thale, Austria
Alpeniglu Igloo Village is home to more than a dozen igloos where you can spend the night in the Kitzbuehel Alps.
6. The Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel located in Alta, Norway
The Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel changes its theme every year when it is rebuilt in the winter.
The 21,530 sq. ft. hotel has plush sleeping bags and even hot tubs to keep visitors warm.
7. The Aurora Ice Museum located in Fairbanks, Alaska
The Aurora Ice Museum was originally envisioned as a year-round ice hotel, but after the first structure melted in 2004, they scaled down to a museum and ice bar.
8. The SnowVillage Snow Hotel located in Kittila, Finland
The SnowVillage has 30 rooms, all including amazingly detailed art on the walls.
An ice chapel is also featured at the SnowVillage.
Do not show me this again