16 Complete Lies Everyone Thinks Are Facts
by N/A, 9 years ago | 2 min read| 5748
How many did you think were true?
1. Sherlock Holmes never said the words "Elementary, my dear Watson" in Arthur Conan Doyle's original series.
2. Human's don't actually use only 10% of their brain.
3. The Great Wall of China is not visible from space.
The wall is too narrow and the color blends in with the natural landscape surrounding it.
4. Turkey doesn't make you any more tired than most other foods.
5. Most of your body heat isn't lost through your head.
Heat is lost through your head at the same rate as the rest of your body, it's just usually the part most exposed.
6. People did not believe Christopher Columbus was going to sail off the edge of the world.
People were well aware in 1492 the Earth was round.
7. A goldfish's memory is much longer than three seconds.
8. The image we know of Santa Claus today was not invented by a Coke advertising team.
9. Elephants do not go to an "elephant graveyard" when they're ready to die.
10. If you drop a coin from the Empire State Building, you're not likely to kill anyone.
11. When it feels threatened, an ostrich doesn't stick its head in the sand.
12. "Beam me up, Scotty" was never said in the original Star Trek TV series.
15. Twinkies do expire.
Their shelf life is just about a month and a half.
16. Different parts of your tongue aren't responsible for tasting different flavors.
Do not show me this again