If You Think You Know Everything About Your Cat, Check Out These 17 Facts
by N/A, 9 years ago | 2 min read| 3488
If you're not already a cat person, these facts might turn you into one.
1. Cats purr at 26 purrs per second. The same rate as an idling diesel engine.
2. Nikola Tesla's cat gave him static shock, which inspired him to look into static electricity.
3. They sleep a lot because of a growth hormone that's released when they sleep.
4. They might be able to hear dolphins.
They can hear ultrasonic sounds, which dolphins and rodents use to communicate.
5. If your cat looks at you like this, it loves you.
6. Some cats have thumbs.
They're really just extra toes.
7. Cats can make over 100 vocal sounds.
8. A female cat is called a "molly" or a "queen."
9. Cats can drink seawater.
Their kidneys can filter out salt, but keep the water for hydration.
10. Cats might be able to find their way home due to magnetised brain cells.
They can find their way back using something called psi-traveling. Experts think it has something to do with the angle of the sun or magnetised brain cells that acts as a compass.
11. The ridges in a cats nose are as unique as a human fingerprint.
12. Kittens can start to have dreams when they're about a week old.
13. Adult cats just sleep all day because they feel like it, no hormones involved.
14. The fur in their ears is called ear furnishings.
They're used for insulation and to filter out noise and debris.
15. The more you talk to your cat, the more it will talk back.
16. Russian scientists discovered that Siamese cats kept in warm rooms don't develop dark patches that are characteristic of their breed.
17. Domestic cats can run up to 30 mph.
Do not show me this again