19 Crazy Facts Barely Anyone Knows About. #2 Will Absolutely Shock You.
by N/A, 9 years ago | 3 min read| 28326
Some facts are just too wild to make up! These are definitely those.
food smart Technology facts Internet History Health Memorabilia Medieval History Physiology Non-Premium
1. Caligula once ordered his troops to go to war with the sea.
He made troops return with seashells as plunder of war against Neptune.
2. There are 169,518,829,100,544,000,000,000,000,000 ways to play the first ten moves of any chess game.
Thatâ€™s more than 169 OCTILLION ways.
3. Clear Coca-Cola was created for The USSR in the 1940s.
Because Coca-Cola was regarded in the Soviet Union as a symbol of American imperialism, at least one Marshal requested a clear version of the drink. A chemist satisfied the request by removing the sodaâ€™s caramel color and the company put the drink in a clear bottle with a white cap and a red star and sent 50 cases to Russia.
4. A kid born in Sweden in 1991 was named Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116. His parents said it was pronounced "Albin."
The name was meant to protest Swedish naming laws. The parents were fined 5,000 kronor in 1996 (roughly 740 U.S. Dollars).
5. In 1518 a "dancing plague" led to deaths in Stasbourg.
A woman began to dance in the street for four to six days in July of 1518. She was eventually joined by about 400 dancers. Itâ€™s not clear exactly how many people died, but some definitely died from heart attack, stroke or exhaustion.
6. 7,000 deaths occur each year because of doctors' sloppy handwriting.
7. April 4, June 6, October 10 and December 12 will all fall on the same day of the week in any year.
These days are called doomsdays, and they are meant to help calculate the day of the week of any given date. In 2014 the doomsdays are all on Fridays. 2015 doomsdays are all on Saturday.
8. Marilyn Monroe had a higher IQ than Albert Einstein.
Monroe's IQ was 163, 3 points higher than Einstein.
9. Greece's national anthem has 158 stanzas.
10. Harry S. Truman's middle name was just S.
According to Truman, the S as his middle name was a compromise of his two grandfathers, Anderson Shipp Truman and Solomon Young.
11. Adolf Hitler was named Time Magazine's Man of the Year and was Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Hitler was Man of the Year in 1938 and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1939. World War II began in 1939.
12. Honey will never spoil.
Because of its low levels of moisture and high acidity, you could theoretically eat ancient honey.
13. Some people believe an episode of the Cartoon Network show Johnny Bravo predicted 9/11.
In a scene from Johnny Bravo that aired on April 27, 2001, a movie poster shows a burning tower with a smoke cloud with the words â€œCOMING SOON.â€
14. Las Vegas casinos don't have any clocks in them.
Itâ€™s a way to make you lose track of time and keep gambling.
15. Male mice sing love songs for female mice.
The songs they sing are ultrasonic, and humans are unable to hear them.
16. Polar bear liver contains a toxic amount of vitamin A.
Itâ€™s toxic to humans, and would most likely kill you if you ate it.
17. The world's quietest room is -9 decibels. It's so quiet, you can hear your blood flowing in your own body!
The silence of the room can cause hallucinations, and the longest anyone has ever spent in the room is 45 minutes. For reference, normal conversation is usually about 60 decibels.
18. The sweat from a man's underarm can help women relax, boost their mood and help regulate their menstrual cycle, if applied to her lips.
19. The universe's official color is "Cosmic Latte"
2 astronomers from Johns Hopkins surveyed the spectral range of color of all light in the universe, examining more than 200,000 galaxies before proclaiming the official color the beige like color.
Do not show me this again