17 Disney Facts That Will Definitely Surprise You. I Never Realized That About Ariel
by N/A, 9 years ago | 4 min read| 13790
The Walt Disney Company has created some truly incredible movies over the years...but I bet there are some crazy facts about these movies you may have missed!
1. Recognize that red flow-y hair do that Roxanne from "The Goofy Movie" is showing off? That's definitely Ariel's hair.
2. The love stories in Frozen and Maleficent were huge for Disney, because the ultimate acts of love that came at the end didn't come from men.
3. The Queen who was in power during Sleeping Beauty was never actually given a name at any point in the film.
4. Every Disney princess wore their hair with some kind of accessory except for Ariel, who rocked it down and natural.
5. The Power Puff Girls got their inspiration from three ladies any Disney lover will recognize: the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty.
6. The seven daughters of Triton in The Little Mermaid were based on the seven seas.
7. Merida's hair would measure out to be about four feet long, if it were straightened.
8. Remember the sad, slump voice of Eeyore? That's the same voice of the badass leader of the transformers, Optimus Prime.
9. The Priest in "Up" apparently moonlights as a gynecologist in his spare time.
10. Get psyched for Moana: She will be making her Disney princess debut in 2018!
11. Melody is the Disney princess most commonly forgotten about.
12. Ariel and Hercules, technically, are first cousins once removed!
Hercules is the son of Zeus. Zeus's brother is Poseidon, whose son is Triton, whose daughter is Ariel.
13. Originally Elsa was supposed to be the villain of Frozen. But the song "Let It Go" resonated with people so much, Disney reworked the plot.
14. Of all the Disney princesses, Repunzel has the largest eyes.
Ariel would be second in this contest.
15. In nature, lions' manes typically darken as they get older. According to this principle Scar should have a lighter mane than Mufasa, which he clearly does not.
16. Originally the plot of Aladdin was such that it was going to be revealed at some point that the merchant at the beginning of the movie was actually the Genie all along, simply in disguise.
17. Disneyland invented Dorito's with the intention of getting rid of their leftover tortilla chips.
Do not show me this again