12 Facts That Will Make You Fall In Love With Rats...Who Knew They Were So Clean?
by N/A, 9 years ago | 2 min read| 15759
Rats have gotten a bad rep throughout history—it was hard to bounce back from the plague, I imagine—but it turns out they're pretty awesome little creatures!
1. For one thing, they are SUPER smart.
Many can actually learn their own names and interact with their owners accordingly.
2. They love a good snack--even chocolate, in small doses!
Too bad they can't drink wine too...
3. But for the most part, they're pretty healthy eaters who love fruit.
Always important to have a good influence in your life.
4. They are extremely clean.
They actually naturally like to keep cleaner than cats. Makes you think twice about who you'd rather have in your house, huh?
5. They're social butterflies!
So if you're thinking about buying a rat, might as well go all out and buy a whole bunch!
6. Those tails of theirs allow them to have gymnast-level balance.
They're actually pretty badass climbers as a result of this.
7. There's one breed of rats (Giant Africa rats, to be exact) that can actually detect land mines.
What little heroes!
8. They are always down for a good shoulder ride.
9. Though rats are small, they are jam packed with personality.
"Though she be but little, she is fierce!" â€”William Shakespeare, about a rat.
10. There's a kind of rat known as the "Dumbo rat," that have enormous ears.
And they are INSANELY cute.
11. Rats are always up for a good adventure.
They were among the first creatures to be launched into space!
12. They have bad eyesight (poor babies) and use their whiskers to get everywhere. D'awwww...
To sum up: Rats are adorable and awesome. The end.
Do not show me this again