27 Eerie Abandoned Places From Around The World
by N/A, 9 years ago | 2 min read| 51701
These photos give new meaning to the phrase "hauntingly beautiful." It's amazing how each location holds its own breathtaking charm.
1. Island Home, Finland
2. An abandoned church with parishioners that still linger. (Netherlands)
3. Methodist Church, Gary, Indiana
4. Abandoned Boathouse, Obersee Lake, Germany
5. Abandoned mining track, Taiwan
6. Soviet naval testing station in Makhachkala, Russia
7. Church steeple in the middle of a frozen lake, Reschen, Italy
Lake Reschen is an artificial reservoir. When it was built, it submerged many villages, including a 14th century church.
8. The Titanic Wreck
It took 73 years before the wreckage of the 1912 Titanic was discovered.
9. Victorian-style tree house, Florida, USA
10. An abandoned theater.
11. Chris McCandlessâ€™ magic bus, Stampede Trail, Alaska
The Stampede Trail was used by workers who built the railway. However, Christopher McCandless, whose life is depicted in the movie "Into The Wild" lived and died in this bus that he gave the name "Magic Bus" in 1992.
12. An abandoned hallway.
13. Spreepark, Berlin, Germany
This was the only amusement park in East Berlin while under Soviet rule.
14. Blue spiral staircase in a European castle.
15. Poveglia Island, Italy
This island was used by Napoleon Bonaparte to isolate those with the plague from those who were healthy. It was later used as an asylum for those struggling from extreme mental health issues.
16. An abandoned jetty.
17. Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Vallejo, California
This once served as a submarine port during WWI and WWII, but in the 1990s the building was abandoned and since then flooding has created an eerie mirror effect.
18. Abandoned bumper cars, Chernobyl, Ukraine
Chernobyl was completely abandoned in 1986 after a nuclear plant disaster caused radiation to wash over its nearest locations.
19. Chemin de fer de Petite Ceinture, France
20. Overgrown palace, Poland
21. Floating forest, Sydney, Australia
22. An abandoned house in the forest.
23. Abandoned Movie theater in Detroit, Michigan
24. Church in St. Etienne, France
25. Shipwrecks on a sandbar in the Bermuda Triangle
26. Turquoise Canal, Venice, Italy.
27. Staircase to nowhere, Pismo Beach, California
Do not show me this again