19 Hidden Facts You Never Knew About Disney Films. Some Of These Are Downright Dirty
by N/A, 9 years ago | 3 min read| 58207
Even Disney's biggest fans won't know about all of these.
1. Pumbaa from The Lion King is the first character to ever fart.
2. The voice of Eeyore is also the voice of Optimus Prime from Transformers.
3. The person who voiced Sebastian in The Little Mermaid also played Mufasa in the Broadway adaption of The Lion King.
4. â€œKingdom of the Sunâ€ was the original title for The Emperorâ€™s New Groove.
5. Christian Bale voiced the character of Thomas in Pocahontas.
6. Christina Aguileraâ€™s debut single is actually â€œReflectionsâ€ from Mulan, not â€œGenie in a Bottle.â€ The latter song was released a year after the former.
7. Idina Menzel originally auditioned for a role in Tangled but she was passed over. Her audition made an impression with producers, however, and she was later cast as Elsa in Frozen.
8. The co-director of Frozen, Jennifer Lee, is the first woman to direct a Disney movie.
9. Bea Arthur was originally considered for the voice of Ursula in The Little Mermaid, but the role ultimately went to Pat Carroll.
10. Beauty and the Beast was the first animated film to ever be nominated in the Best Picture category. The category Best Animated Feature was created years later, in 2001.
11. The supposed penis on the original VHS cover of The Little Mermaid was supposedly unintentional. The animator says he was in a hurry to finish it.
12. Additionally, animators say they did not write "SEX" in the stars in The Lion King. Instead they wrote "SFX" as a signature.
But we can chose to believe what we want, right?
13. Aladdin cut the song â€œProud of Your Boyâ€ from the film, but it was later re-added for the Broadway adaption.
14. Wreck-It Ralph has 180 unique characters.
Disney likes to hide characters in different films. Here are some examples:
15. During the song "Out There" in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Belle, Aladdin's magic carpet, and Pumbaa make appearances.
16. Tangled's Rapunzel and Flynn Rider attend Elsa's coronation in Frozen.
17. Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Kermit the Frog, and Donald Duck all make appearances when Triton arrives at the concert hall in The Little Mermaid.
18. Scar is turned into a rug in Hercules.
19. And Mrs. Potts makes an appearance in Tarzan.
Do not show me this again