You Need To Try This Healthy Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Recipe
It’s a healthier remix on the classic comfort food.
Gooey mac & cheese just might be the textbook definition of soul-satisfying comfort food. But while we can all agree that mac & cheese is a beloved staple, the calories that come with that cheesy goodness are a little less…agreeable. Lucky for us, you can have your mac & cheese, and eat it, too—without all the guilt. This recipe swaps out butter for a cauliflower condensed soup, making it a much healthier (and flavorful!) spin on a classic.
Here’s how to turn your ordinary mac & cheese into a veggie-filled meal:
- 1 Can condensed cauliflower soup
- 2⁄3 Cup water
- 2⁄3 Cup low-fat milk
- 1 Cup whole wheat pasta (fusilli or penne)
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Cup shredded cheese
- Heat the condensed soup, milk, salt, pepper, cheese and water in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Stir the pasta in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring often.
- Serve and eat!