You’ll never scramble your eggs again.
Because we all deserve nice things in the comfort of our own homes, we’re here to help you up your ramen game to noodle-bar level. And one of the easiest and most delicious ways to do so is with those soft-boiled eggs that taste like savory heaven.
- 2 large, refrigerated eggs
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. mirin (Japanese rice-cooking wine)
- 6 tbsp. water
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil (there should be enough water to cover the eggs in the pan, but don’t add them yet).
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, mirin and water in a Ziploc bag and set aside.
- Once the water is boiling, gently add the eggs with a spoon or ladle.
- After adding the eggs, immediately bring the water to a simmer and cook for exactly 7 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, fill a bowl with ice and cold water.
- After 7 minutes, transfer the cooked eggs to the ice bath and let cool for 3 minutes.
- After cooling, carefully peel the shells from the soft-boiled eggs. Place the eggs in the marinade and put them in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or for best results, overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, discard the sauce and enjoy your ramen eggs!