90s Brand Slogans That Will Make You Nostalgia Real Hard
“¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!”
Back in ’90s before DVR, you couldn’t fast-forward through commercials—you actually had to watch them. Luckily, the ads and slogans were on point. Here are a few favorites to take you back to the good old days of junk food, non-electronic toys and talking dogs.
1. “Once you pop, you can’t stop” — Pringles
Chips in a tube: delicious in the ’90s, delicious today.
2. “Just for the taste of it” — Diet Coke
The song, which was recorded by various artists including Whitney Houston and Elton John, was everywhere in the late ’80s and ’90s.
3. “¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!” — Taco Bell
It’s safe to say that “¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!” was more than just another popular slogan. The Taco Bell Chihuahua became a goddamn cultural phenomenon that morphed into an empire of talking stuffed animals, bobble heads, bumper stickers, t-shirts and more!
4. “Got Milk?” — California Milk Processor Board
The “Who shot Alexander Hamilton” commercial was the first ad to launch the Got Milk? campaign back in 1993, long before celebs took photos with milk mustaches.
5. “Just do it” — Nike
Nike first launched ads featuring the “Just do it” line in 1998, and the slogan was pretty much everywhere for the following decade.
6. “What would you do for a Klondike bar?” — Klondike
The people in these ads were willing to do a lot of ridiculous shit for those fancy (but moderately priced) ice cream treats.
7. “Mentos, the Freshmaker” — Mentos
This commercial is the reason so many of us are forever afraid to sit on bench without checking to see if it’s been recently painted.
8. “The juice is loose” — Starburst
If only getting assigned chores was this awesome IRL.
9. “The very best thing of all, there’s a counter on this ball!” — Skip It
Skip It from Tiger Toys!
10. “It’s Cool Whip time, baby” — Cool Whip
Give me a cookie sandwich made with two Chips Ahoy cookies and a big-ass dollop of Cool Whip any day.
11. “I want my baby back ribs” — Chili’s
Chili’s “I want my baby back ribs” slogan was running long before the ’90s, but OMG did the NSYNC commercial bring it back to the pop culture forefront!
12. “The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup!” — Folgers
If you’re like me, then you weren’t old enough for your parents to let you drink coffee—but you definitely knew the lyrics to the timeless Folgers song.
13. “Obey your thirst” — Sprite
Back in the day, we didn’t care about sugar content. It was all about obeying your thirst’s demand for Sprite and the occasional Mountain Dew.
14. “Dangerously cheesy” — Cheetos
Only in the late ’90s could you get away with a commercial about having a three-way with a cartoon cheetah.
15. “Wacky wild Kool-Aid style” — Kool-Aid
Who didn’t love finding a Kool-Aid Kool Burst in their lunch bag? Twist off that top and get some of that fantastic Kool-Aid flavor!
16. “Beef, it’s what’s for dinner” — The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
Oh the ’90s, a time when exhausted moms and dads everywhere could look to beef for a quick and healthy dinner.